AEGEAN TRAILS – ways into the future
Cycling in the Aegean? Wonderful, mainly unspoilt nature, really hospitable inhabitants and mediterranean flair, everything is already here! Only the trails were missing! Because mountain bikers come wherever a trail is. This can significantly help to extend the season period of an entire region and create many jobs in the hotel and catering industries as well as in the bike sector.
The bike icon Ernesto Hutmacher from Bikehotel Massa Vecchia has detected the great potential of the Aegean and together with Islandhopping has launched 2017 Aegean Trails Project.
Aegean Trails is a supportive, inter-island initiative, which stands for a concept of path construction and maintenance, a uniform system of path signposting and a touristic usability of it. Step by step is emerging a new attractive bike region, which can benefit equally both locals and tourists.
What started as a vision quickly became a reality:
– the Trail Building week in the Greek Dodecanese in 2017
– the Trail building conference on Kos
– the second Trail Building week in March 2018 on Kos, Nissyros and Leros
– the information portal www.aegeantrails.com
– a third Trail Building week in Thessaloniki in 2019
– a forth Trail Building week on Mt. Olympus 2020
The greek outdoor-moviemaker Emanouel Armoutakis accompanied one trailbuilding week and captured all experiences in impressive moving pictures.
Monday - Friday
09:00- 12:30 Hrs
14:00- 17:00 Hrs
Ph: +49(0)7531 361860